Match 2019: A day of celebration
Congratulations to the Class of 2019 on an outstanding Match Day! More >>
Gold Humanism Honor Society
The School of Medicine’s Gold Humanism Honor Society recognizes 34 students, residents/fellows and faculty for their exemplary care of patients and their humanistic approach to clinical practice. More >>
Diversity: A program of excellence
Diversity and inclusion are important elements of educating future physicians at the UMKC School of Medicine. INSIGHT Into Diversity, a national diversity-focused publication, has recognized the School of Medicine with a 2018 Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award. More >>
For Arif Kamal, M.D., ’05, physician quality and outcomes officer for the Duke Cancer Institute in Durham, North Carolina, research is as much about solving a problem as it is…
Physicians carry the responsibility of serving as a patient advocate as well as a care giver, Sam Page, M.D., FASA, told students and faculty at the UMKC School of Medicine…
Dr. Joseph C. Parker Jr. passed away May 3 at the age of 81. His survivors include Dr. John Parker, M.D. ’93, with whom he practiced the last 10 years…
The School of Medicine chapter of Alpha Omega Alpha welcomed 22 new inductees into the medical honor society during a banquet on May 2 at Diastole. This year’s list of…
School of Medicine Interim Dean Mary Anne Jackson, M.D., has announced changes within the dean’s office that will take effect July 1. Christine Sullivan, M.D., associate dean for graduate medical…
Keerthi Gondi, a fifth-year medical student, and Kathryn Kyler, a bioinformatics student, were selected as the School of Medicine’s winners of the 2019 Health Sciences Student Research Summit. This year’s…
How Do We Get to Precision Medicine in Pediatric Asthma?
Bridgette L. Jones, M.D.
Pediatric Allergy & Immunology
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
UMKC School of Medicine
All students, faculty and staff are invited to attend
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional
opportunities abound, as our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy schools all share a single campus.
- Train with six: We partner with six leading hospitals, providing broad, exceptional clinical experiences and exposure to nationally ranked specialties.
- Embrace city life: Our campus is in the heart of Kansas City, offering lots of restaurants, events, sports and culture.