Introducing Kansas City's new Health Sciences District
A cooperative partnership formed by 12 neighboring health care institutions on Hospital Hill.
Find out more
Exploring Health Care Policy
Second-year physician assistant student Kyle McLafferty participated in a three-day workshop in Washington, D.C., as a member of the Physician Assistant Education Association Student Health Policy Fellowship program. More
Meet Our Students
Fifth-year medical student Logan Burrow is from a small town, but she came to the UMKC School of Medicine with big dreams. See how she's making her desire to be a doctor become a reality. More
Research studies by UMKC School of Medicine faculty researchers at the Saint Luke’s Mid America Heart Institute have been selected for presentation at the world’s largest educational meeting for interventional…
Domestic violence deeply touched the life of Carol Stanford, M.D. ’79, when one of her colleagues was murdered many years ago. At a Sept. 28 lecture at the UMKC School…
Kyle McLafferty kept one eye on his classwork and another on the legislative process during the latest legislative session in Jefferson City, Missouri. The second-year physician assistant student at the…
Hunter Faris, MS 5, and Ravali Gummi, MS 6, received two of the top student research awards from the Missouri Chapter of the American College of Physicians. The UMKC students…
It had been four years since Monica Lau Katamura, M.D., ’13, last stepped inside the UMKC School of Medicine. So when the school’s newest docent returned in August, she wasted…
School of Medicine Dean Steven Kanter, M.D., announced that Sara Gardner, M.D., associate professor and director of the Internal Medicine-Pediatrics residency program, has been appointed assistant dean for Graduate Medical…
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer two-year master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional
opportunities abound, as our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy schools all share a single campus.
- Train with six: We partner with six leading hospitals, providing broad, exceptional clinical experiences and exposure to nationally ranked specialties.
- Embrace city life: Our campus is in the heart of Kansas City, offering lots of restaurants, events, sports and culture.