Congratulations Class of 2018 View the results. More than 110 students at the UMKC School of Medicine celebrated Match Day with family and friends. More >>
Former dean adds new role at Stowers
Betty M. Drees, M.D., F.A.C.P., School of Medicine dean from 2001 to 2014, has been appointed president of the Graduate School of the Stowers Institute for Medical Research. More >>
Interprofessional education is an important learning tool on the UMKC Health Sciences Campus. Students from medicine, dentistry, nursing and pharmacy to learn together with a focus on team-based patient care. A new video gives an up close look at how the program works. More >>
School of Medicine Dean Steven L. Kanter, M.D., has appointed Brandt Wible, M.D., interim chair of the Department of Radiology effective April 1, 2018. Under Wible’s leadership, the Department of…
An early morning rain shower couldn’t dampen the Match Day excitement throughout the UMKC School of Medicine on Friday, March 16. Students gathered with family and friends to fill all…
Michael Hinni, M.D., ’88, a pioneer in head and neck surgery, is the 2018 winner of the E. Grey Dimond, M.D., Take Wing Award. Hinni is professor of otolaryngology and…
UMKC School of Medicine connects six leading Kansas City hospitals to launch health care consortium on patient safety
The University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine is launching a consortium focused on patient safety in collaboration with its affiliated teaching hospitals. The UMKC Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety…
According to the Alzheimer’s Association, more than 5-million Americans live with Alzheimer’s disease, which is the sixth leading cause of death in the United States. At UMKC School of Medicine,…
On the Health Sciences Campus at UMKC, interprofessional education, or IPE, is an important learning tool. It brings together students from dental, medicine, nursing and pharmacy and places them in…
–Save the Date–
“How to Conduct a Good Death”
— Dr. Gary A. Salzman, M.D. —
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer two-year master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional
opportunities abound, as our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy schools all share a single campus.
- Train with six: We partner with six leading hospitals, providing broad, exceptional clinical experiences and exposure to nationally ranked specialties.
- Embrace city life: Our campus is in the heart of Kansas City, offering lots of restaurants, events, sports and culture.