2018 Hospital Hill Run
The UMKC Health Sciences District sponsored the 2018 Hospital Hill Run on June 2. More than 2,800 runners overcame weather extremes to participate in one of three races during the Saturday morning event. More >>
Interim Dean Appointed
Mary Anne Jackson, M.D., has been appointed interim dean of the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine. Her appointment will begin July 1.
Read more >>
The School of Medicine recognized more than 150 graduates at the 2018 Commencement Ceremony at Kansas City's Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. More >>
The Gold Standard
At the UMKC School of Medicine, students find crucial support, friendships and lessons — and then pass them on. More >>
Senior Education Team Coordinator Mary Pirotte, a longtime staff member of the Office of Student Affairs, will retire from her role at the School of Medicine at the end of…
To celebrate International Yoga Day, the UMKC Health Sciences District will be offering a free class from 6 to 7 p.m. Thursday, June 21. The class will be taught by…
The Missouri State Medical Association recently awarded scholarships to 10 students at the UMKC School of Medicine for the 2018-19 school year. This year’s School of Medicine recipients are Keaton…
From extreme heat on Friday to high winds and a menacing storm front early Saturday, the weather caused big worries just before the 2018 Hospital Hill Run, sponsored by the…
The School of Medicine Student Research Program has awarded 11 Sarah Morrison Student Research Awards for the Spring 2018 cycle. Recipients included 10 medical students and one graduate student. Sarah…
William E. “Wes” Stricker, M.D. ’79, founded and manages Allergy & Asthma Consultants, which has been treating patients in central Missouri for more than 35 years. Additionally, he is the…
Mary Pirotte, Senior Education Team Coordinator, Blue Unit
– Retiring after 29 years at the School of Medicine –
Thursday, June 28 / 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Bioinformatics Conference Room M5-103
Interested in becoming a Physician Assistant or learning about UMKC’s Master of Medical Science Physician Assistant program? Register today for this FREE event to meet admissions teams, current PA students and faculty from our program, and others, in a live, online format. The UMKC School of Medicine will be participating in CareerEco’s Physician Assistant Virtual Fair in both spring and summer of 2018.
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer two-year master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional
opportunities abound, as our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy schools all share a single campus.
- Train with six: We partner with six leading hospitals, providing broad, exceptional clinical experiences and exposure to nationally ranked specialties.
- Embrace city life: Our campus is in the heart of Kansas City, offering lots of restaurants, events, sports and culture.