The School of Medicine chapter of the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society added 24 new members to its roster during its annual banquet at Diastole. More >>
Hospital Hill Run training tips
Organizers of the 2018 Hospital Hill Run and presenting sponsor, UMKC Health Sciences District, are providing a series of video training tips to help participants prepare for the Friday and Saturday event on June 1-2 in Kansas City. More >>
Student research in action
UMKC School of Medicine third-year student Yicheng Bao has produced an award-winning study that puts a new focus on autoimmune conditions in adults diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. More >>
Taking it to the Pews
A new UMKC School of Medicine video looks at two important research projects addressing health disparities among African Americans. These projects are spreading the gospel of good health … at church. More >>
Hundreds of student volunteers were recognized May 8 at the annual Sojourner Clinic Banquet, which was held at the Diastole Scholars’ Center. Students put in more than 1,500 volunteer hours…
UMKC medical student Carlee Oakley is one of only five students nationwide to win a TL1 Top Poster Award for her research. It was presented recently in Washington at a…
Three years ago, Fahad Faisal Mir, M.D., decided to follow his internal medicine residency at the UMKC School of Medicine and Truman Medical Center with a three-year fellowship in gastroenterology.…
Note to students entering the UMKC School of Medicine’s new fifth-floor Wellness Wing: Studying is off limits. Niloofar Shahmohammadi is the school’s wellness program coordinator who brought the Wellness Wing…
Interim Chancellor Barbara A. Bichelmeyer recently recognized Jannette Berkley-Patton, Ph.D., associate professor in the Department of Biomedical and Health informatics, with the University of Missouri System President’s Award on behalf…
Two of the School of Medicine’s May graduates, Ravali Gummi and David Sanborn, have been selected as UMKC Vice Chancellor’s Honor Recipients. Staff member Jennifer Tufts, academic advisor in the…
• Live Stream •
Medical School Commencement
Additional commencement information:
School of Medicine information – please click here.
If you have additional questions regarding commencement, please contact:
Brent McCoy, Student Affairs Coordinator
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer two-year master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional
opportunities abound, as our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy schools all share a single campus.
- Train with six: We partner with six leading hospitals, providing broad, exceptional clinical experiences and exposure to nationally ranked specialties.
- Embrace city life: Our campus is in the heart of Kansas City, offering lots of restaurants, events, sports and culture.