Match 2019: A day of celebration
Congratulations to the Class of 2019 on an outstanding Match Day! More >>
Apply by April 1 for a Doctorate in Informatics!
UMKC’s Interdisciplinary Ph.D. in Biomedical and Health Informatics integrates clinical research and informatics with tailored interdisciplinary studies, offering graduates exciting career prospects in health care and academia. Learn more about the program and how to apply.
Gold Humanism Honor Society
The School of Medicine’s Gold Humanism Honor Society recognizes 34 students, residents/fellows and faculty for their exemplary care of patients and their humanistic approach to clinical practice. More >>
Diversity: A program of excellence
Diversity and inclusion are important elements of educating future physicians at the UMKC School of Medicine. INSIGHT Into Diversity, a national diversity-focused publication, has recognized the School of Medicine with a 2018 Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award. More >>
Match Day List 2019 Match Day Photo Album The brisk morning wind couldn’t cool the excitement and enthusiasm of Match Day 2019 at the UMKC School of Medicine. Residencies were…
State Rep. Jon Patterson, M.D., recognized Charles Van Way, M.D., on the floor of the Missouri House. State Rep. Jon Patterson, who completed his general surgery program in 2011 at…
The environment children are brought up in plays a large part in their eventual mental and physical well-being as they get older. Mental health expert Altha J. Stewart, M.D., president…
Long-time UMKC School of Medicine faculty member and docent Lynn DeMarco, died on Feb. 15 in Leawood, Kansas. He was 85. Dr. DeMarco joined the School of Medicine and the…
Music and a festive atmosphere filled Pierson Auditorium in the UMKC Atterbruy Student Success Center on Saturday night, Feb. 16, when nearly 200 people enjoyed the fifth annual UMKC Health…
A Valentine’s Day visit from a group of nearly a dozen UMKC School of Medicine students brought smiles, and often tears, to patients at Truman Medical Center on Thursday, Feb.…
Glucocorticoid steroids, lung development and preterm birth
Timothy J. Cole, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Monash Biomedicine Discover Institute
Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Accommodation, Regoaling, and Satisficing: Life Lessons from the Neonatal ICU
Brian S. Carter, M.D.
Sirridge Professor of Medical Humanities & Bioethics, and Professor of Pediatrics
UMKC School of Medicine & Children’s Mercy Bioethics Center
2019 Alumni Reunion
Save the Dates!
Friday, April 5 – Sunday, April 7
– – – More details to follow – – –
The UMKC School of Medicine will be participates in CareerEco’s Physician Assistant Virtual Fairs in the Spring and Summer. Dates will be posted as soon as registration opens.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to connect real-time with 30+ PA schools without the hassle of leaving your home or office
- You will meet School Representatives online via chat rooms during the event
- Schools’ chat hours will be posted in advance (a camera is not required for the chat feature)
- Click HERE to register today!
RSVP by April 8, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Coffee Hour with Wendy Chapman, Ph.D.
Wendy Chapman, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair, Department of Biomedical Informatics
University of Utah School of Medicine
Presented by the UMKC School of Medicine Department of Biomedical and Health Informatics and BioNexus KC
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional
opportunities abound, as our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy schools all share a single campus.
- Train with six: We partner with six leading hospitals, providing broad, exceptional clinical experiences and exposure to nationally ranked specialties.
- Embrace city life: Our campus is in the heart of Kansas City, offering lots of restaurants, events, sports and culture.