A new scholarship at the UMKC School of Medicine recognizes students who go the extra mile to help others through their volunteer efforts. More >>
Inside the Surgical Innovations Laboratory at the UMKC School of Medicine, researchers are taking a new approach to making surgeries safer. More >>
School of Medicine welcomes Interim Dean
Mary Anne Jackson, M.D., begins her new role as Interim Dean of the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine.
Read more >>
More than 20 new medical schools have opened in the United States in the last 10 years, including a dozen in the past five years alone. And more are on…
The UMKC Health Sciences District has announced the appointment of Alison Troutwine as project manager for the District. She will be working out of Truman Medical Centers. In this newly…
Third-year medical students at the UMKC School of Medicine entering the more intensive clinical phase of their medical school training marked that passage Aug. 5th with their White Coat Ceremony.…
Sade-joy Dugbo had an idea that a career in health care might be part of her future. After spending the last week of July in the UMKC School of Medicine’s…
The UMKC School of Medicine is serving as a Gold Sponsor of the 2018 Kansas City Marathon, and race organizers are excited to offer a 15 percent discount on race…
Children’s Mercy Kansas City, a primary teaching hospital of the UMKC School of Medicine, announced Paul Kempinski, MS, FACHE, as its next President and Chief Executive Officer, effective November 1.…
Sponsored by School of Medicine Career Services, this event is an opportunity to interact with a variety of medical specialists and explore careers paths you are considering.
Obstetrics / Gynecology
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
– Several subspecialties of these specialties will also be represented.-
Welcome to the Fall Semester at UMKC Health Sciences District!
All UMKC Health Sciences District students are invited to lunch on the grass between the Health Sciences Building and the School of Medicine.
Come learn about volunteer opportunities with local organizations and pick up information from local businesses that promote health and wellness.
Health Sciences Deans’ Seminar Series
Margaret Brommelsiek, Ph.D., MS, BA
Associate Research Professor/Director of Interprofessional Education Health Sciences
The Operating Room as Theater: A Qualitative Study Examining Attending Surgeons’ Roles in the Perioperative Setting and Influence on Interprofessional Team Action
August 29, 2018, Noon – 1 p.m., School of Medicine, Theater C
Light refreshments served – sponsored by Dr.’s Nichols
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional
opportunities abound, as our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy schools all share a single campus.
- Train with six: We partner with six leading hospitals, providing broad, exceptional clinical experiences and exposure to nationally ranked specialties.
- Embrace city life: Our campus is in the heart of Kansas City, offering lots of restaurants, events, sports and culture.