2018 Hospital Hill Run
The UMKC Health Sciences District sponsored the 2018 Hospital Hill Run on June 2. More than 2,800 runners overcame weather extremes to participate in one of three races during the Saturday morning event. More >>
School of Medicine welcomes Interim Dean
Mary Anne Jackson, M.D., begins her new role as Interim Dean of the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine.
Read more >>
The School of Medicine recognized more than 150 graduates at the 2018 Commencement Ceremony at Kansas City's Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. More >>
The Gold Standard
At the UMKC School of Medicine, students find crucial support, friendships and lessons — and then pass them on. More >>
Shannon Demehri and Hunter Faris, two UMKC School of Medicine sixth-year students , are finalists in this year’s AMA Global Health Competition. If they win, they get to go on…
Shivani Sivasankar has been awarded a travel grant from the American Association for Clinical Chemistry. She is a 2018 graduate of the School of Medicine’s master’s program in biomedical and…
The School of Medicine is accepting nominations until Aug. 1 for four faculty, staff and student awards. These will recognize achievements in diversity and health equity, mentoring, medical education research…
Senior Education Team Coordinator Mary Pirotte, a longtime staff member of the Office of Student Affairs, will retire from the School of Medicine at the end of June. Pirotte has…
To celebrate International Yoga Day, the UMKC Health Sciences District will be offering a free class from 6 to 7 p.m. Thursday, June 21. The class will be taught by…
The Missouri State Medical Association recently awarded scholarships to 10 students at the UMKC School of Medicine for the 2018-19 school year. This year’s School of Medicine recipients are Keaton…
Come enjoy a free dessert from
the Frosty Treats Ice Cream Truck!
Monday, July 16, 2018
12:00 to 1:00 PM or when supplies run out!
Brought to you by the Friends of the School o Medicine and the School of Medicine Wellness Council.
Interested in becoming a Physician Assistant or learning about UMKC’s Master of Medical Science Physician Assistant program? Register today for this FREE event to meet admissions teams, current PA students and faculty from our program, and others, in a live, online format. The UMKC School of Medicine will be participating in CareerEco’s Physician Assistant Virtual Fair in both spring and summer of 2018.
Welcome to the Fall Semester at UMKC Health Sciences District!
All UMKC Health Sciences District students are invited to lunch on the grass between the Health Sciences Building and the School of Medicine.
Come learn about volunteer opportunities with local organizations and pick up information from local businesses that promote health and wellness.
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer two-year master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional
opportunities abound, as our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy schools all share a single campus.
- Train with six: We partner with six leading hospitals, providing broad, exceptional clinical experiences and exposure to nationally ranked specialties.
- Embrace city life: Our campus is in the heart of Kansas City, offering lots of restaurants, events, sports and culture.