Match 2019: A day of celebration
Congratulations to the Class of 2019 on an outstanding Match Day! More >>
Apply by April 1 for a Doctorate in Informatics!
UMKC’s Interdisciplinary Ph.D. in Biomedical and Health Informatics integrates clinical research and informatics with tailored interdisciplinary studies, offering graduates exciting career prospects in health care and academia. Learn more about the program and how to apply.
Gold Humanism Honor Society
The School of Medicine’s Gold Humanism Honor Society recognizes 34 students, residents/fellows and faculty for their exemplary care of patients and their humanistic approach to clinical practice. More >>
Diversity: A program of excellence
Diversity and inclusion are important elements of educating future physicians at the UMKC School of Medicine. INSIGHT Into Diversity, a national diversity-focused publication, has recognized the School of Medicine with a 2018 Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award. More >>
Match Day List 2019 Match Day Photo Album The brisk morning wind couldn’t cool the excitement and enthusiasm of Match Day 2019 at the UMKC School of Medicine. Residencies were…
State Rep. Jon Patterson, M.D., recognized Charles Van Way, M.D., on the floor of the Missouri House. State Rep. Jon Patterson, who completed his general surgery program in 2011 at…
A Valentine’s Day visit from a group of nearly a dozen UMKC School of Medicine students brought smiles, and often tears, to patients at Truman Medical Center on Thursday, Feb.…
The Sirridge Office of Medical Humanities is currently seeking submissions for a new edition of the medical humanities magazine, The Human Factor. The magazine recognizes the important connection between medicine…
Fifty-one years ago, a group of Chicago artists created a community mural called the Wall of Respect that revitalized the neighborhood in the city’s South Side. Last year, in the…
Organizers of the annual UMKC Health Sciences Student Research Summit are encouraging students to submit their abstracts and posters to participate in this year’s event. The 2019 summit will take…
Glucocorticoid steroids, lung development and preterm birth
Timothy J. Cole, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Monash Biomedicine Discover Institute
Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Accommodation, Regoaling, and Satisficing: Life Lessons from the Neonatal ICU
Brian S. Carter, M.D.
Sirridge Professor of Medical Humanities & Bioethics, and Professor of Pediatrics
UMKC School of Medicine & Children’s Mercy Bioethics Center
2019 Alumni Reunion
Save the Dates!
Friday, April 5 – Sunday, April 7
– – – More details to follow – – –
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional
opportunities abound, as our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy schools all share a single campus.
- Train with six: We partner with six leading hospitals, providing broad, exceptional clinical experiences and exposure to nationally ranked specialties.
- Embrace city life: Our campus is in the heart of Kansas City, offering lots of restaurants, events, sports and culture.