We participate in the NRMP and therefore only accept applicants who apply through ERAS. The program prefers that applicants with previous training include a letter from their current/former Program Director acknowledging their support of the applicant’s applying to the program and attesting to the resident’s being/having been a resident in good standing. We do not have a specific cut-off date for applications, however applicants are highly encouraged to apply no later than mid-October for the best chance to obtain and interview.
Applicants offered an interview
- While we do not have a minimum USMLE/COMLEX requirement for consideration, we prefer applicants who score at least at the mean for applicants across the country who match in EM through the NRMP for the previous year. We prefer applicants who have passed their exams on the first attempt. For Osteopathic students, USMLE is not required but it is preferred and strongly encouraged.
- We require at least one SLOE from an academic EM program; two are preferred.
- Applicants are considered based on cognitive and non-cognitive performance. This includes testing, class rank, evaluations, LOR, and other experiences/qualifications (service, leadership, research, etc.).
- Applications are reviewed by a committee prior to decisions to interview. You may contact the residency coordinator, Ms. Christina Mayne, if you have any questions regarding the status of your application.
- We typically offer more interview spots than the schedule will accommodate; therefore you are strongly urged to set up an interview date as soon as you get an invitation. If all our interview slots are full, we create a Waiting List. Please be advised that being placed on the Waiting List does not guarantee that you will get an interview. We will contact you as openings arise.
- We use Interview Broker for scheduling interviews
In order to have ample time to thoroughly review the large number of high quality applications received, we plan to begin issuing interview invitations on a rolling basis beginning in Mid-October.
- Mondays and Fridays from mid-November through mid-January excluding holiday weeks. We offer morning and afternoon sessions.
- We strongly encourage applicants to make use of the opportunity to meet some of our residents the night before interviews at dinner.
- Applicants also will meet some residents during lunch and a tour of the facilities.
- We do not allow applicants to shadow in the department before/after interviews secondary to required hospital HIPPA training.