All residents are required to complete a research project during their residency which is presented in an annual residency research day. Residents take CITI certification to perform research as part of their training. CITI training is the information module on human subjects’ protection. Our monthly journal club provides education to the residents regarding formulating research questions, methodology, and data analysis. All residents have a faculty advisor on their project to provide mentorship.
Senior Research Day at Truman Medical Center, Department of Emergency Medicine
- Michael H. Bambenek, M.D., Kevin O’Rourke M.D.: Effects of KC-ATC on Psychiatric Visits to the TMC ED
- Jeffrey M, Beckett, M.D., Charlie Inboriboon M.D., Kevin O’Rourke, M.D., Monica Gaddis PhD: Swinging the Swing: Outcomes from Changing Swing Time Resident Coverage
- Jimmy DeMeo, D.O., Stefanie Ellison, M.D.: Inaugural UMKC All Health Profession Schools Interprofessional Education Class: It is Everyone’s Role to Provide Safe Patient Care
- Nicholas Evans, M.D., Erica Carney, M.D., Monica Gaddis PhD: A Knowledge Survey of Disaster Response at Truman Medical Center
- Jason Hurt, M.D., Amy Stubbs, M.D., Monica Gaddis PhD: Undertriage of Chest Pain in Females
- Kathryn Ottman, M.D., Charlie Inboriboon, M.D., Monica Gaddis PhD: The Effect of Language Barrier on Prescribing Pain Medication for Patients Presenting to ED with Flank Pain
- William Zachary Petry, M.D., Charlie Inboriboon, M.D.: Intra-Residency Dashboard: A Human Factors Evaluation And Development Of An Online Residency Organizational Resource And Orientation Website
- Paul A. Toigo Jr. D.O., Erica Carney, M.D., Monica Gaddis PhD: Description of Emergency Medical Services High Utilizers of Ambulance Transport In a Large Urban Fire Department
- Nicholas J. Smith, D.O., Erica Carney, M.D.: Characteristics of a bounceback. What features of refusal make someone likely to use the EMS system within 24 hours of refusal and how often does this occur?
- Bryon Keith Vogt, D.O., Charlie Inboriboon, M.D., Emily Hillman, M.D., Elliot Fried, M.D.: Exploring Paramedic-Physician Handoff Communication During the Care of the Critically-Ill: A Mixed Methods Study
Robert M Elenbaas PharmD Research Award:
- 2016 Ravi Patel, D.O.
- 2015 Dustin Keffer D.O. and Vanessa Welbern M.D.
- 2014 David Tarullo, M.D. and Ryan White, M.D.
- 2013 Scott Campbell, D.O. and Anne Jacobsen, M.D.
- 2012 David Biller, M.D.
- 2011 Matt Lockwood, M.D.
- 2010 Tim Stebbins MD and Shawn Stanley MD