The requirements for admission are governed by the Office of Allied Health at the UMKC School of Medicine. An admissions committee, comprised of faculty/staff both at the School of Medicine and in the Children’s Mercy Hospital Pediatric and Congenital Cardiovascular Perfusion Fellowship, reviews applications and determines which students will be offered admission.
Applicants offered admission will begin coursework in August, to be taken alongside their Fellowship responsibilities.
Applicants for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Pediatric and Congenital Cardiovascular Perfusion must:
- Be accepted to a Pediatric and Congenital Cardiovascular Perfusion Fellowship, or another Perfusion Fellowship.
- Must have earned a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher in an accredited perfusion program (certificate, bachelor’s or master’s level). This program must have been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) on the recommendation of the Accreditation Committee for Perfusion Education (AC-PE).
- International applicants must submit either TOEFL or IELTS exam scores to demonstrate English proficiency.
- TOEFL score requirements: A minimum score of 550 (paper-based exam), 213 (computer-based exam) or 79 (Internet-based exam) is required.
- IELTS score requirements: A minimum score of 6.0 is required for graduate level study at UMKC.