The requirements for admission are governed by the UMKC School of Medicine. An admissions committee is composed of faculty and administrators who review complete applications and make all final admission decisions.
Applicants can begin in either the fall or spring semester.
Applicants for admission to the Master of Health Professions Education must meet one of the following criteria:
- Earn a professional degree in the health professions or in a related field (e.g., MD, DDS, DO, RN, Pharm.D, PhD, MA, MS, MPA, MBA).
- Earn a baccalaureate degree (e.g. BA, BS) with a minimum of two years of professional experience in the health professions.
TOEFL and IELTS Scores
- The TOEFL exam or IELTS exam is required for international applicants whose native language is not English.
- TOEFL Scores: A minimum score of 550 (paper-based exam), 213 (computer-based exam) or 79 (Internet-based exam) is required.
- UMKC TOEFL electronic code: 6872.
- IELTS minimum score required: A minimum score of 6.0 is required for graduate level study at UMKC.
- IELTS scores should be sent to:
UMKC International Student Affairs
Student Success Center, G-04
5100 Rockhill Road
Kansas City, MO 64110
- Exception: Applicants who are currently participating in a health professions residency or fellowship are not required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.