April 26, 2017
- Word Limit 350—no images.
- Download the 2017 Poster template
- Review the 2017 HSSRS SOM Poster Guidelines
- Select abstract title carefully! It should match your poster title.
- Student’s mentor will need to approve abstract submission—email will automatically be generated to mentor at time of submission.
- Please make sure to input your advisor’s preferred email address.
- Abstracts and poster submissions will be due March 17, 2017. Posters are submitted to Research Administration.
- The event is April 26th in the Student Union (Rm 401) from 3:00 – 5:00 pm.
- Schools participating include: Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Biological Sciences, Engineering and Arts & Science
- Students should be prepared to give 3-5 minutes presentation to viewers –allow 5 minutes for questions.
- Research Administration will put up SOM posters.
School of Medicine HSSRS Policy.
|Medical Students||Graduate Students (currently enrolled)|
|• 1st place poster/presentation (tie)||• 1st place poster/presentation|
Kayla Briggs, “Development of a Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery Tertiary Referral Center within the Veterans Affairs Medical System: Early Experiences.” – Kayla was mentored by Farzad Alemi, MD, MS.
Sai Vanam, “Effects of Cryopreservation on Structure and Quality of Corneal Tissue.” – Sai was mentored by Peter Koulen, PhD.
|Yashashwi Pokharel, MD, MSCR, “Heterogeneity in Treatment Effect in Patients with Peripheral Artery Disease: Insights from the CLEVER Trial.” -Yashashwi was mentored by Kim Smolderen, PhD.|
|• 2nd place|
|Claire Smith, “The Cost and Potential Avoidability of Antibiotic-Associated Adverse Drug Reactions.” Claire was mentored by Jennifer L. Goldman MD, MS.|
|Awards provided in memory of former faculty member Loredana Brizio Molteni, MD, FACS|
Student poster presentations will be judged by a SOM faculty member and you will be notified of your approximate judge time. Awards are available for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places for the BA/MD students and 1st place for the post-graduate students.
Awards provided in memory of former faculty member and surgeon – Loredana Brizio Molteni, MD, FACS
UMKC shuttle bus info – www.umkc.edu/transportation/ UMKC permit parking available in the Cherry St. Parking Garage (5005 Oak Street)