UMKC School of Medicine students are eligible to submit applications that are available through the Office of Research Administration at the Medical School.
Applications are accepted two times per year.
The deadlines are September 1 and March 1.
All requirements and regulations of the UMKC Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee(IACUC) for research involving animals and the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for projects involving human subjects must be adhered. The student’s mentor and student are responsible for compliance with these committees’ policies and university and/or affiliate hospital research policies.
Criteria considered will include:
- Quality of proposed research proposal and outcomes
- Completion of all application materials
- Detailed project budget
- Scholastic achievement, including academic transcripts
Materials required include:
- Application form
- Reference form from two (2) university faculty; one of the references should be submitted by your UMKC School of Medicine faculty mentor
- Project protocol – Click here for protocol sample
- Project Budget If conducting research at the Children’s Mercy Hospital(CMH) and there will be project expenses incurred at CMH such as CMH laboratory procedures, radiology procedures, or other potential patient (research participant) expenses at CMH, contact CMH Research and Grants Administration at 816-701-1343 or email@example.com for assistance with setting up your project budget to include the correct CMH charges.
The current award amount maximum is $2,500 per Sarah Morrison Student Research Award. Proposed budgets shall detail specific itemized costs directly associated with the project. All expenses must comply with current University spending requirements. Some expenses, such as expenditures at other institutions, will require University contractual ageements.
- Current academic transcript (Pathway transcript accepted) – Click here for instructions on how to access your unofficial transcript
Send Application Materials to:
Office of Research Administration, Rm M4-308
UMKC School of Medicine
2411 Holmes Street
Kansas City, MO 64108