Become a Virtual Reading Mentor:
Help a student learn to read over your lunch hour this summer!
Lead to Read KC is recruiting virtual volunteers to read for 30 minutes with elementary students this summer. Help a student catch up and keep up! Most reading sessions occur around lunch time—no evenings or weekends. Apply online, complete a short online training session and begin reading with a student! You will need a computer (desktop, laptop or tablet) with audio and video, and reliable internet.
HERE’S HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
Choose a session timeframe — or, more than one!
- Session A: June 3 – June 30
- Session B: June 21 – July 23
- Session C: June 22 – August 10
- Session D: August 9 – September 3
Choose a volunteer option that suits your individual schedule:
- Weekly Reading Mentor — Read to an assigned student for the summer session. You can choose to read once a week or twice a week!
- Shared Volunteer Experience — Partner with a colleague or friend to share a student and alternate reading sessions.
- “Flextra” Reading Mentor — Participate as often as your schedule permits to fill in for volunteers who need to miss a session.
Watch our 90-second digital program preview video to see just how easy and meaningful your volunteer experience can be: bit.ly/Digital-Preview-Video
QUESTIONS?: Contact Hayley@leadtoreadkc.org or 816.260.7710.