The UMKC School of Medicine offers a MSA Scholars Program that would offer early and guaranteed admission to college students interested in applying to the Master of Science Anesthesia Program. Admission is guaranteed to those students offered admission through the MSA Scholars Program, who earn their undergraduate degree from a partner institution and successfully complete all final matriculation requirements.
This program would offer early admission for students currently in their junior year of college who attend the following universities:
- University of Missouri – Kansas City
- University of Missouri – Columbia
- University of Missouri – St. Louis
- Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Avila University
- Truman State University
- Rockhurst University
An application will NOT be reviewed until all supporting documents have been received. When all application materials have been received, the MSA admissions committee will review all complete applications. All application materials must be postmarked by August 15.
Students applying for admission to the MSA Scholars program should submit the following documents to: email@example.com.
- The School of Medicine Scholars Application
- Official college transcripts
- Personal statement
- Résumé or CV
- Shadowing Experience Verification Form,
- Verifying at least ten (10) hours of shadowing an anesthesiologist, an AA or a CRNA for the MSA program. (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, shadowing is recommended, but not required for the 2020 application cycle.)
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation. At least one letter must be submitted from a faculty member.
After the review of all complete applications by the MSA admissions committee, candidates will be selected for interview. If selected for an interview, applicants will be required to be present at the date and time of the interview. All applicants invited to interview must interview in person at the School of Medicine. Phone interviews will not be permitted.
After all applicants invited have been interviewed, the MSA admissions committee will extend offers of guaranteed admission to those candidates who best qualify for the MSA Scholars Program. Applicants will be notified in writing of the decisions. Once admitted to the MSA Scholars Program, a student would then have a seat in the MSA program for the appropriate term after graduating with a baccalaureate degree, pending successful completion of final matriculation requirements.
The MSA admissions committee reserves the right to not admit any applicants from a partner institution in a given year.