All residents are required to complete a research project during their residency which is presented in an annual residency research day. Residents take CITI certification to perform research as part of their training. CITI training is the information module on human subjects’ protection. Our monthly journal club provides education to the residents regarding formulating research questions, methodology, and data analysis. All residents have a faculty advisor on their project to provide mentorship.
Senior Research Day at Truman Medical Center, Department of Emergency Medicine
- James Arpin: Antibiotic Prescription Practices For Uncomplicated Pyelonephritis From The Emergency Department. James Arpin, MD; Amy Stubbs, MD; Monica Gaddis, PhD
- Phi Dinh: Safe And Regular Use Of Haloperidol As An Antiemetic In The ED Phi Dinh, DO; Melanie Camejo, MD; Monica Gaddis, PhD
- Daniel Thorsteinson: Do Patients With Mild Traumatic Brain Injury With Loss Of Consciousness And A Normal Head CT Progress To Clinically Significant Neurologic Deterioration While In The Hospital. Daniel Thorsteinson, DO; Kevin O’Rourke, MD; Monica Gaddis, PhD
- Matt Twillman: One and Done: Decadron in Asthma Exacerbation. Matt Twillman, DO; Melanie Camejo, MD; Monica Gaddis, PhD
- Patrick Brown: A Graduate Medical Education Simulation-Based Mastery Learning and Deliberate Practice Curriculum Intervention Improves Central Line Competency Across Disciplines. Patrick Brown, DO; Kumar Gayathri, MD; Monica Gaddis, PhD; Emily Hillman, MD
- Sean Typher: Evaluating The Effect Of Education On Physician Usage And Perception Of Cerner’s ED LaunchPoint. Sean Typher, MD; Kevin O’Rourke, MD; Monica Gaddis, PhD
- Jarret Gardner: Comparison of Triage for Patients Presenting with Acute Coronary Syndrome. Jarret Gardner, DO; Amy Stubbs, MD; Monica Gaddis, PhD
- Abigail Halleron: The Role Of Susceptibility And Differential Biological Pathways With COVID-19 Disease Severity In Health Disparity Populations – An Assessment Of Medications For Co-Morbidities And Severity Of COVID-19. Abigail Halleron, MD; Amy Stubbs, MD; Monica Gaddis, PhD
- Karl Hesson: Rates Of Antibiotic Prescriptions For Patients Who Received A Test For COVID-19 In The ED. Karl Hesson MD; Monica Gaddis, PhD; Jerry Wyckoff, PhD; Suman Suhil
- Brendan Kurtz: Does Monocyte Distribution Width Improve Sepsis Screening in the ED? Brendan Kurtz, MD; Charlie Inboriboon, MD; Kevin O’Rourke, MD; Monica Gaddis, PhD
- Matthew Cook: An Approach for Standardized Ultrasound Training for Resident Physicians. Matthew Cook, MD; Melanie Camejo, MD; Monica Gaddis, PhD
Robert M Elenbaas PharmD Research Award:
- 2021 Brendan Kurtz, M.D.
- 2020 Ashley Borden, D.O.
- 2019 Liliya Kraynov, M.D.
- 2018 Paul Toigo, D.O.
- 2017 Ryan Bachman, D.O.
- 2016 Ravi Patel, D.O.
- 2015 Dustin Keffer D.O. and Vanessa Welbern M.D.
- 2014 David Tarullo, M.D. and Ryan White, M.D.
- 2013 Scott Campbell, D.O. and Anne Jacobsen, M.D.
- 2012 David Biller, M.D.
- 2011 Matt Lockwood, M.D.
- 2010 Tim Stebbins MD and Shawn Stanley MD