All residents are required to complete a research project during their residency which is presented in an annual residency research day. Residents take CITI certification to perform research as part of their training. CITI training is the information module on human subjects’ protection. Our monthly journal club provides education to the residents regarding formulating research questions, methodology, and data analysis. All residents have a faculty advisor on their project to provide mentorship.
Senior Research Day at Truman Medical Center, Department of Emergency Medicine
- Amanda Augustine, M.D., Jay Reich, MD; Erica Carney, MD; Dr. Monica Gaddis, Ph.D.: Prehospital Provider Assessment of “Chest Pain” and Incidence of Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Josef Beauvais, M.D., Matt Gratton, MD; Sean Gratton, MD; Monica Gaddis, Ph.D.: Trends in ED Management of Adult Non-Traumatic Headache: A Cerner Health Facts Database Analysis
- Clarence Dye, M.D., Amy Stubbs, MD; Dr. Monica Gaddis, Ph.D.: Evaluation of Utilizing Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) in the Emergency Department
- Kristoph Haak, M.D., Kevin O’Rourke, MD; Monica Gaddis, Ph.D.: Evaluation of Post Splint Xray Usage in the Emergency Department
- Liliya Kraynov, M.D., Erica Carney, MD; Dr. Monica Gaddis, Ph.D.: Neurologic Outcomes of Trauma Patients Placed in Cervical Immobilization: A Retrospective Review of an Inner City Urban Emergency Department
- Taylor Neff, M.D., Charlie Inboriboon, MD; Monica Gaddis, Ph.D.; Laurie Kemble: Theme of the Month Presentation Type Preference and Willingness to Incorporate Online Learning Survey Study
- Jared Norman, D.O., Adam Algren, MD; Dr. Monica Gaddis, Ph.D.: Theme of the Month Presentation Type Preference and Willingness to Incorporate Online Learning Survey Study
- Grace Ortman, M.D., Erica Carney, MD; Dr. Monica Gaddis, Ph.D.: The Public Awareness Project: Correlating Out of Hospital Cardiac Arrest with Socioeconomic Factors
- Charles Spencer, M.D., Angela Bogle, MD; Dr. Monica Gaddis, Ph.D.: Retrospective Analysis of Adenosine Dosing, Efficacy and Adverse Drug Events for Supraventricular Tachycardia in the Emergency Department and Hospital-wide
- Kevin Tran, M.D., Dr. Monica Gaddis, Ph.D.; Dr. Jeremy P. Hampton, Pharm.D., BCPS: Administration of Sedation and Analgesia Following Neuromuscular Blockade in the Emergency Department
- Wesley Winn, M.D., Michael Christian, MD; Monica Gaddis, Ph.D.; Laurie Kemble: Attitudes of Patients, Family and Staff Toward the Use of Metal Detectors in the Emergency Department
Robert M Elenbaas PharmD Research Award:
- 2019 Liliya Kraynov, M.D.
- 2018 Paul Toigo, D.O.
- 2017 Ryan Bachman, D.O.
- 2016 Ravi Patel, D.O.
- 2015 Dustin Keffer D.O. and Vanessa Welbern M.D.
- 2014 David Tarullo, M.D. and Ryan White, M.D.
- 2013 Scott Campbell, D.O. and Anne Jacobsen, M.D.
- 2012 David Biller, M.D.
- 2011 Matt Lockwood, M.D.
- 2010 Tim Stebbins MD and Shawn Stanley MD