Welcome to the UMKC Family Medicine Program
Congratulations! Welcome to our program and welcome to Kansas City. My name is Terry Winbush and I will be your tour guide through this onboarding process and your coordinator for the next 3 years of residency. I am excited to get to know you and help you prepare for your time with us.
Below are links to sites and documents about various required activities that include deadlines for completion. These activities will include documentation, certifications, etc. All of them must be met in order for you to start on time. I am here to answer any of your questions and make the process as smooth as possible. I will also be sending out notifications and updates as needed.
New Innovations is a vital tool for managing our residency program and it is important that you get set-up there as soon as possible.
- Institution ID: umkcsom
- Your user name and password: first initial of your first name and your last name
- (All lowercase)
- You will be prompted to change your password.
- Scroll down to checklist.
- You will need to complete all of the checklist items. Please note some items require you to print and complete or to fill in the textbox. After those are completed upload them into New Innovations. If you are unable to upload that information, please email to your coordinator.
- In order for you to start your residency on time please adhere to the various due dates.
*Please note, you will not rotate at Saint Luke’s Hospital. The following does not need to be completed
- SLH Confidentiality Agreement V1
- SLH HIPAA Training Form/ SLH HIPAA Training Form
- SLH Training Quiz/ SLH Training Quiz Answer Sheet
- SLH Vehicle Registration
In order to become part of the medical team you must have completed courses in Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support before you start the residency program.
The EMS Education Program at UMKC will offer American Heart Association BLS Renewal and HeartCode ACLS training before the start of June orientation. All initial training courses will use the Heart Code Part 1 online learning system that represents the classroom portion of an ACLS course. Parts 2 and 3 consist of skills practice and a skills test which will be held at the School of Medicine’s Clinical Training Facility.
STEP 1: Go to UMKC EMS Education https://med.umkc.edu/ems/ Select AHA Courses (BLS,ACLS,PALS) and Register for : 2022 UMKC Intern BLS/ACLS HeartCode.
STEP 2: Go to https://elearning.heart.org/ Under “Find a Course” select and purchase your ACLS HeartCode Key. Activate your key and complete the online course. You MUST print and bring your HeartCode Part 1 Completion Certificate to the Skills Testing.
Monitor the UMKC Family Medicine Facebook page. You will also find other useful information there and get to know us better.
Our Instagram feed is a great place to see our residents involved in activities both on duty and away from the hospital.