The UMKC School of Medicine is serving as a Gold Sponsor of the 2018 Kansas City Marathon, and race organizers are excited to offer a 15 percent discount on race registration fees to all faculty, staff, students and residents. This year’s event will take place on Oct. 20 with four race distances to chose from — 5K, 10K, half marathon or full marathon.
The discount code can be used for any of the KC Marathon’s race distances. The event is open to walkers as well as runners.
To get the discount, simply copy and paste or enter 15OFF2018KCM in the “Got a discount code?” box near the end of the online registration process at www.kcmarathon.org. Please note that this discount code is case sensitive. It must be entered exactly as it appears.
Why should you participate in the Kansas City Marathon on October 20?
- This is Kansas City’s largest and most exciting race. It gives runners a tour of the city’s most beautiful landmarks and interesting neighborhoods, including the World War I Memorial, the Country Club Plaza, the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art, Waldo, Westport, 18th & Vine and more.
- The race has distance options for all fitness levels with a 5K, 10K, half marathon and full marathon.
- There are fireworks to kick off the race and a huge after party with live music, free food and free beer!
- All runners will receive a participant shirt, a large finisher’s medal, free downloadable race photos and more.
- After you conquer the Kansas City hills, you’ll be rewarded with a lightning-fast downhill finish that includes a breathtaking view of the Kansas City skyline!
- Still not sure? Click here to check out their 2017 recap video to learn what the Kansas City Marathon is all about.