The UMKC School of Medicine offers an MSA (Master of Science in Anesthesia) Scholars Program that offers early and guaranteed admission to college students interested in applying to the Master of Science Anesthesia Program. Students admitted to the MSA Scholars Program are working to complete their undergraduate degree from one of our partner institutions.
Our partner institutions include the following universities:
- University of Missouri – Kansas City
- University of Missouri – Columbia
- University of Missouri – St. Louis
- Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Avila University
- Truman State University
- Rockhurst University
Applications will NOT be reviewed until all supporting documents have been received. When all application materials have been received, the MSA admissions committee will review all complete applications. All application materials must be emailed to the School of Medicine by August 15.
Students applying for the MSA Scholars Program should submit the following documents to: email@example.com.
- The School of Medicine Scholars Application
- Official college transcripts
- Personal statement (Applicants may address how COVID-19 restrictions have impacted their application for the 2021 cycle.)
- Résumé or CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Shadowing Experience Verification Form,
- Verifying at least ten (10) hours of shadowing an anesthesiologist, an AA or a CRNA for the MSA program.
- (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, shadowing is recommended, but not required for the 2022 application cycle. If you are not able to shadow, please complete an informational interview with an Anesthesiologist Assistant.)
- A minimum of 3 letters of recommendation. At least one letter must be submitted from a faculty member.
The MSA admissions committee reviews all eligible applications and decides which candidates will be selected for interview.
If selected for an interview, applicants will be required to be present, virtually or in-person, at the date and time of the interview.
After interviews the MSA admissions committee will extend offers of guaranteed admission to those who best qualify for the MSA Program. Applicants will be notified by email of these decisions.
Once admitted to the MSA Scholars Program, a student would then have a seat in the MSA program for the appropriate term after graduating with a baccalaureate degree, pending successful completion of final matriculation requirements. MSA Scholars who applied in the 2022 cycle will be matriculating January 2024.
The MSA admissions committee reserves the right to not admit any applicants from a partner institution each year.