The residency program selects the best qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, religion, sexual orientation, color, national origin, handicap, or age. Upon careful review of all applications, we offer interviews to selected applicants.
In accordance with UMKC School of Medicine Policy, we will not interview, rank, or accept H1B applicants in the UMKC Neurology Residency Program.
Candidate requirements include:
- A completed application form through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- Medial Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) from the candidate’s medical school
- Recommendation letters from three faculty members
- Medical school transcripts
- Personal Statement
- ECFMG certification, if applicable
- For Osteopathic applicants, we accept results of COMLEX and/or USMLE exams
Supplemental ERAS Application
For the 2023 ERAS® cycle, our program will be collecting and reviewing data from applicants’ supplemental ERAS applications. Completion of the standard MyERAS application is a requirement; completion of the supplemental ERAS application is optional.
In its second year of use, the supplemental ERAS application is designed to help applicants share more information about themselves and assist our program in finding applicants that fit our program’s setting and mission. There is no cost to applicants and participation is optional.
The supplemental ERAS application provides:
- geographic preferences (by division and by urban or rural setting);
- information about an applicant’s most meaningful experiences and other impactful life events, if applicable; and
- program signals.
The supplemental ERAS application will be delivered on a survey platform that is separate from the MyERAS application and must be completed between August 1 and September 16, 2022.
Learn more about the AAMC supplemental ERAS application.
Underrepresented Minority Recruitment
We strongly encourage qualified applications from groups traditionally underrepresented in medicine.
Salary and Benefits
Please click here for salary and benefit information.
For more information please contact program coordinator Terry Borghardt at Terry.Borghardt@uhkc.org or (816) 404-5275.