How to Apply
Fellows beginning our program must have:
• Completed an accredited obstetrics and gynecology residency
• Successfully completed United States Medical Licensing Examination ® (USMLE) Step III (or equivalent COMLEX examinations)
• Acquired basic knowledge and skills in obstetrics and gynecology
Candidates must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service® (ERAS) Fellowships online application service. The University of Missouri-Kansas City Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship participates in the December cycle of ERAS.
Documentation for the application should include:
- Common Application Form & Personal Statement
- Deans letter, include transcripts
- 3 Letters of support (Department Chairman, Residency Program Director, Faculty of choice)
- COMLEX and/or USMLE transcript
- ECFMG certification (as applicable)
- Recent photograph
Candidate selection will be made through the NRMP subspecialty match program. This fellowship is accredited by the American Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
Application deadline: The program will adhere to the SMFM standardized process for interviews; to be considered for an interview, your completed application form, all applicable supporting documents and three letters of recommendation must be received by the ERAS post office by May 3, 2020 at 5PM ET
Interview offers extended: May 17, 2021 (deadline for applicants to respond is May 24, 2021)
Interview dates: July 30, 2021; August 6, 2021; August 13, 2021
UMKC School of Medicine is an equal opportunity employer with a standing policy of nondiscrimination. This means that all qualified persons are accorded an equal opportunity for employment or promotion without regard to race, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, gender or age, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Upon request, the UMKC Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee’s religious beliefs and disabling medical conditions. The UMKC School of Medicine will comply with all fair employment laws and will take appropriate measures to eliminate or prevent legal discrimination.