The Obstetrics and Gynecology program offers a robust simulation curriculum prepared by our OB Chief of Simulations, Susan Mou, M.D. and our GYN Chief of Simulations, Ryan Reynolds, M.D.
- Multidisciplinary OB drills include:
- Shoulder dystocia
- Post Partum hemorrhage
- Emergent C-Section
- Operative and breech delivery simulations
- Ultrasound guided amniocentesis and cordocentesis
- Basic and advanced laparoscopic skills
- Repair of urologic injuries
- Laser and LEEP simulations
- Basic operative skills
- Repair of obstetrical lacerations
We also offer 2 parallel simulation programs that are taught by our Chief of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Kent Burk, MD. Dr. Burk has been performing advanced laparoscopic surgeries since 1993 and robotic surgery since 2003. These simulations include:
- Modified fundamentals of laparoscopic surgery signed to orientate residents to straight stick laparoscopy.
- Dry lab and simulation program designed around the Da Vinci surgery platform.
These simulations are designed to prepare residents to assist and perform robotic cases early in their training.