This award acknowledges and celebrates a faculty member who has contributed to medical student pre-clinical education innovation at UMKC School of Medicine.
The faculty recipient should be an individual who has influenced the advancement of medical student education by innovative work in the support and delivery of an educational program and has influenced the educational environment at UMKC.
Nominee must be a tenure track or nontenure track faculty member in the UMKC School of Medicine for a minimum of 5 years.
Nomination guidelines and materials to be submitted by the deadline:
- A nomination letter must include a narrative of how this individual’s teaching has impacted UMKC. It should include innovative work in the support and delivery of the educational program (e.g., technological enhancements to assist medical students I the learning process). Specific outcome measures such as publications, presentations, and funded grants will be considered. Anecdotes about the faculty member and ways in which he/she has influenced the education environment at UMKC should be included.
- Each nominator may name only one individual.
- Each nominator is encouraged to solicit additional letters of support for his/her nominee, not to exceed four (4) from others who have been influenced by or could attest to the contributions toward teaching of the nominee.
- For consideration, the nominee will need to provide his/her one- or two-page narrative describing education, research philosophy, and a CV showing publications, presentations, and grants. The nominator must notify the nominee of the materials that the nominee needs to submit for consideration.
- 2020 – Darla McCarthy, Ph.D.
- 2019 – Michael Wacker, Ph.D.
- 2018 – Theodore Cole, Ph.D.
- 2017 – Chris Papasian, Ph.D.