This award acknowledges and celebrates a faculty member who has contributed to innovation and scholarship related to medical education at UMKC School of Medicine. This award is for medical education research efforts only (such as innovative teaching methods, assessment, remediation of learners, learner feedback, curriculum design, etc.) and is not for clinical research or bench research.
The faculty recipient should be an individual who has influenced the advancement of medical education through medical education research for our students or trainees.
Nominee must be a tenure track or nontenure track faculty member in the UMKC School of Medicine for a minimum of 5 years.
Nomination guidelines and materials to be submitted by the deadline:
Please download and complete this checklist that is to be submitted as the first page of a single PDF nomination:
- A nomination letter must include a narrative of how the individual’s education research has impacted UMKC. Specific outcome measures such as publications, presentations, and funded grants will be considered. Anecdotes about the faculty member and ways in which he/she has influenced the education environment at UMKC should be included.
- Each nominator may name one individual.
- Each nominator is encouraged to solicit additional letters of support for his/her nominee, not to exceed 4 from others who have been influenced or could attest to the contributions toward medical education research of the nominee.
- For consideration, the nominee must provide to the nominator his/her one-two page narrative describing their education research philosophy and a CV showing publications, presentations, and grants.
- 2021 – Angellar Manguvo, Ph.D.
- 2020 – Gary Sutkin, M.D.
- 2019 – Jennifer Quaintance, Ph.D.
- 2018 – George Thompson, M.D.
- 2017 – Stefanie Ellison, M.D.
- 2016 – Louise Arnold, Ph.D.