This award acknowledges and celebrates a faculty member who has contributed to innovation and scholarship related to medical education at UMKC School of Medicine.
The faculty recipient should be an individual who has influenced the advancement of medical education through research for our students or trainees.
Nominee must be a tenure track or nontenure track faculty member in the UMKC School of Medicine for a minimum of 5 years.
Nomination guidelines and materials to be submitted by the deadline:
- A nomination letter must include a narrative of how the individual’s education research has impacted UMKC. Specific outcome measures such as publications, presentations, and funded grants will be considered. Anecdotes bout the faculty member and ways in which he/she has influenced the education environment at UMKC should be included.
- Each nominator may name one individual.
- Each nominator is encouraged to solicit additional letters of support for his/her nominee, not to exceed 4 from others who have been influenced or could attest to the contributions toward medical education research of the nominee.
- For consideration, the nominee will be need to provide to submit his/her one-two page narrative describing education research philosophy and a CV showing publications, presentations, and grants. The nominator must notify the nominee of the materials that the nominee needs to submit for consideration.
- 2019 – Jennifer Quaintance, Ph.D.
- 2018 – George Thompson, M.D.
- 2017 – Stefanie Ellison, M.D.
- 2016 – Louise Arnold, Ph.D.