Title and Information
“Moving on Up at UMKC School of Medicine”, Prakash Chandra, MD and Bini Moorthy, MD
Objectives of this workshop-style session:
- Discuss and understand what the UMKC School of Medicine promotion packet requires and timeline for the process.
- Be able to outline the steps necessary to put together the promotions packet, for e.g. evaluations, external reviewers, up-to-date Curriculum vitae.
- Learn about examples of teaching, service, clinical practice and research scholarly activity.
To view presentation: https://umkc.box.com/s/nyiajax8ekkpdgln31buoc26zo3oawwd
“Panopto Presentation, Moving Up at UMKC School of Medicine” then click on links (Part I and Part II)
“How to Support Learners as They Develop Their Professional Identity”, Louise Arnold, Ph.D., Christine Sullivan, M.D., Jennifer Quaintance, Ph.D.
- Review the theory and practice of professional identity formation (PIF)
- Discuss how PIF applies to learners
- Identify how to select methods to guide PIF for learners
To view presentation: https://umkc.box.com/s/kzn7la243exowvdef8xm0wuxhzv5ntff
“Incorporating Adult Learning Strategies into Didactics—Part I and Part II”, Stefanie Ellison, M.D., Jamie Lawless, M.D.
- Introduce key concepts in Adult Learning (Andragogy) and how they pertain to medical education
- Discuss interactive online didactic activities using Zoom, asynchronous learning, and flipped classroom strategies to engage learners
- Review examples of how interactive adult learning can be incorporated into medical education
- Provide free open access medical education resources that can be used by learners.
To view presentation:
https://umkc.box.com/s/grfvy93v5fyhk9xvm5z69cdbuyg76rug (Part I)
https://umkc.box.com/s/ho6oqeu9tsugub2fmw0yfij3uo64vda8 (Part II)
“Guide to Remediation of Learners”, Christine Sullivan, M.D.
- Enhance mechanisms to identify learners that require remediation, including utilizing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) approach to understand cause(s) of sub-standard performance
- Learn, through learner scenarios, how to implement an effective remediation plan
- Recognize and incorporate predictors of success into remediation plans
To view presentation: https://umkc.box.com/s/uvf624cff1u0c8rnnb2x013lhvmg3dje
“Managing Generational Differences in Healthcare Education”, Jenna Wilcox, PhD, APMHCNS-BC, CNE
- Explore broad generational differences of the healthcare classroom
- Discuss the impact of generational differences in relation to classroom and workforce interactions
- Apply knowledge of generational differences in a healthcare workforce training simulation
To view presentation: https://umkc.box.com/s/tnhlfr9x3gk0nhg48f5lgvbiitma1t2x
“Microaggressions in Life and Medicine”, Dean Mary Anne Jackson, M.D.
- Understand the impact of microaggressions and ways to build resilience
- Incorporate knowledge of your personal communication style in dealing with microaggressions and building your career plan
- Use the 4Rs framework to deal with microaggressions
- Reason-and impact
- Responsibility-who beyond aggressor are responsible
- Response-strategy and timing
To view presentation: https://umkc.box.com/s/qo7c4p55pcfj482q3kpgv8kmxo4uonkq