Teaching Faculty: William Holloway MD, Naveed Akhtar MD, Coleman Martin MD
Positions Offered: 1 every two years (currently filled through 2018)
Duration: 24 months
Application prerequisites for ESN fellowship:
- Be board eligible in diagnostic radiology prior to starting fellowship.
- Have performed over 100 diagnostic cerebral angiograms documented as the first assistant with a letter of recommendation attesting to your basic skills in performing diagnostic angiography.
- Understand the use of needles, catheters, guide wires and angiographic devices and materials.
- Master the basic radiological sciences, including radiation physics, radiation protection and the pharmacology of radiographic contrast materials.
- Be comfortable with angiography image interpretation and with angiographic reporting.
- Be able to perform expert level interpretation of diagnostic neuroradiological studies such as CT, CTA, MRA, MRI, nuclear medicine CNS examinations in the care and evaluation of patients with neurological disease.
- Know the clinical indications, risks and limitations of endovascular surgical neuroradiology procedures.
- Understand the use and administration of analgesics, antibiotics, anticoagulation agents, neuroanesthetic agents, and other drugs commonly used in endovascular surgical neuroradiology procedures.
William Holloway, M.D.
Saint Luke’s Hosptial, Marion Bloch Neuroscience Institute
Department of Radiology, Division of Neuroradiology
4401 Wornall Road, Kansas City, MO 64111
Phone: (816) 932-6245