The School of Medicine’s Office of Research Administration recently presented six Sarah Morrison Student Research awards for April 2014. The awards are given to students in the School’s M.D. and graduate programs each October and April.
The application deadline for the next round of Sarah Morrison Student Research Awards is Oct. 1, 2014. Complete application information and the necessary application forms can be found online at https://www.med.umkc.edu/research/student_awards.shtml.
The latest research award recipients and their mentors include:
- Gautam Anand, MS 4 / Geetha Raghuveer, M.B.B.S./M.P.H., associate professor of pediatrics;
- Vijit Chouhan, MS 4 / Akin Cil, M.D., associate professor of orthopaedic surgery;
- William Enochs, MS 5 / Emily Hillman, M.D., assistant professor of emergency medicine;
- Chelsea Shapland, MS 4 / Mike Wacker, Ph.D., assistant professor of basic medical science;
- Kartik Sreepada, MS 3 / Salvatore Stella, Ph.D., assistant professor of basic medical science;
- Janet Ross, MS Bioinformatics / Lakshmi Vekitachalam, Ph.D., assistant professor of biomedical and health informatics.