The School of Medicine’s Office of Research Administration announced nine students have been selected to receive the October 2013 Sarah Morrison Students Research Award. The research awards are presented twice a year.
Recipients of the October research awards and their faculty mentors include:
- Comron Hassanzadeh, MS 3 / Xiangping Chu, M.D., Ph.D., assistant professor of basic medical science;
- Stephanie Koch, MSB / Mary Gerkovich, Ph.D., associate professor of biomedical and health informatics;
- Stephanie Markey, MSB / Karen Williams, Ph.D., professor and chair of biomedical and health informatics;
- Shreena K. Patel, MS 5 / Betty Herndon, Ph.D., research associate professor of medicine;
- Christopher Schiavo, MS 5 / Carol Stanford, M.D., associate professor of medicine and Gold 5 docent;
- Jasmine Singh, MS 4 / Geetha Raghuveer, M.D., associate professor of pediatrics;
- Richa Sutaria, MS 4 / Salvatore Stella, Ph.D., assistant professor of basic medical science;
- Merrill Thomas, MS 4 / Peter Koulen, Ph.D., professor of basic medical science and Felix and Carmen Sabates/Missouri Endowed Chair in Vision Research;
- Kaitlin Vogt, MS 5 / Carol Stanford, M.D., associate professor of medicine and Gold 5 docent.
The application deadline for the next round of Sarah Morrison Student Research Awards is April 1, 2014. Complete application information and the necessary application forms can be found online at https://www.med.umkc.edu/research/student_awards.shtml.