Women in Medicine Month
The School of Medicine sponsored the annual Sirridge Lecture with alumna Dana Suskind, M.D., director of the Thirty Million Word initiative, during Women in Medicine Month. More >>
Reaching the Community
School of Medicine researcher Kim Smolderen, Ph.D., is leading a project to raise community awareness of peripheral arterial disease (PAD) and the cardiovascular risks associated with it in one of the city’s most underserved neighborhoods. More >>
A new STAHR Summer Scholars program for college students provides experiences to support student academic progression and retention in health professions programs. More >>
Diversity: A program of excellence
Diversity and inclusion are important elements of educating future physicians at the UMKC School of Medicine. INSIGHT Into Diversity, a national diversity-focused publication, has recognized the School of Medicine with a 2018 Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award. More >>
Sixth-year medical student Prarthana Patel turned a rare opportunity to be involved in a unique patient case into an award-winning case study that she will present at a national conference…
One of the best things parents can do for their young children to help them succeed in life is to talk to them. A lot. Dana Suskind, M.D., has spent…
Through a previous medical outreach journey to Nicaragua, Subhjit Sekhon saw first-hand the dire need for health care services in some of the remote and underserved areas of the world.…
A productive year of sponsoring and participating in community services and professional development program has earned the UMKC School of Medicine’s Family Medicine Interest Group the 2019 Program of Excellence…
Alan Salkind, M.D., who served nearly 20 years as a member of the UMKC School of Medicine faculty, died on Sept. 3 at Saint Luke’s Hospice House following a short…
The School of Medicine has announced that Bridgette Jones, M.D., M.S., has joined the Office of Student Affairs in a new role of assistant academic dean. In this position, Jones…
Biodiversity and the Medicines from Nature
Cesar Compadre, Ph.D., professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences; director, Biomedical Visualization Center, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
To register, go to https://tinyurl.com/CCSSregistration.
Because of space considerations, registration is encouraged but not required.
Also available online via Zoom at https://umkc.zoom.us/j/8162352833.
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional
opportunities abound, as our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy schools all share a single campus.
- Train with six: We partner with six leading hospitals, providing broad, exceptional clinical experiences and exposure to nationally ranked specialties.
- Embrace city life: Our campus is in the heart of Kansas City, offering lots of restaurants, events, sports and culture.