UMKC School of Medicine on the Rise!
The UMKC School of Medicine climbed several spots and resides among the nation's best medical schools in the latest U.S. News and World Report annual rankings. More >>
SOM Announces New Chair of Pediatrics
Jeanne M. James, M.D., FAAP, MBA, has been named the UMKC School of Medicine's new chair of the Department of Pediatrics. More >>
Match Day 2021
There’s nothing quite like the excitement of Match Day. More >>
UMKC School of Medicine-St. Joseph Campus
Check out the new UMKC School of Medicine-St. Joseph Campus and see how you can be a part of meeting the health care needs of rural communities throughout Missouri. More >>
The UMKC School of Medicine made a strong showing with 10 students among the winners in the 10th annual UMKC Health Sciences Student Research Summit. For the second year in…
More than 50 students, residents and fellows participated in the 8th annual Vijay Babu Rayudu Quality and Patient Safety Day with poster and oral presentations on May 21 at the…
Graduates of the School of Medicine participated in a unique, two-day commencement ceremony at Kansas City’s Kauffman Stadium. A combined ceremony on the afternoon of May 15 brought together graduates…
Mario Castro, M.D., a specialist in pulmonary care and 1988 graduate of the UMKC School of Medicine, received the school’s prestigious E. Grey Dimond Take Wing Award and delivered the…
Jeremy Provance was always interested in both health care and computers but wasn’t sure how to fit them together. The UMKC School of Medicine provided his answer. As graduates of…
The School of Medicine chapter of Alpha Omega Alpha welcomed seven new members into the medical honor society as the Class of 2021 inductees. This year’s inductees are juniors Kartik…
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional opportunities abound, strengthened by our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy programs working together.
- Train with many: We partner with six KC hospitals and Mosaic Life Care in St. Joseph to provide top-notch clinical experiences and specialties.
- Embrace the culture: Whether in the heart of Kansas City or near the Missouri River in St. Joseph, you’ll enjoy plenty of restaurants, events, sports and culture.