New name reflects Truman Medical Center's partnership as a primary teaching hospital for UMKC School of medicine. More >>
Match Day Thrills
Match Day fills UMKC medical students with thrills, excitement. More >>
UMKC School of Medicine Ranks Among the Nation's Best
The UMKC School of Medicine is the highest-ranked medical school in Missouri for Primary Care in the 2023 graduate school rankings by U.S. News & World Report. More >>
UMKC School of Medicine Celebrates 50 Years
The University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine celebrates its rich 50-year history as a leader in innovative health care education and delivery in the urban core of Kansas City, and its future potential. More >>
A look at the unique qualities, accomplishments of the UMKC School of Medicine Fifty years ago, UMKC launched a bold experiment in educating the medical leaders of the future. Today,…
The School of Medicine has announced that Lance Carter, M.S.A., C.A.A., will serve as the new program director for the school’s Master of Science in Anesthesia Program. Carter, an associate…
UMKC School of Medicine 50th Anniversary Video and Student Salute to UMKC School of Medicine 50th Anniversary
Alumni and community leaders honor successful past and promising future The University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine celebrated its rich 50-year history as a leader in innovative health care…
Since 1971, nearly 4,000 physicians and health care professionals across the United States have received their degrees from the UMKC School of Medicine. As a lead up to our Gold…
The UMKC School of Medicine returned to Kansas City’s Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts on May 13 to celebrate the graduating class of 2022, following a two-year absence due…
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional opportunities abound, strengthened by our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy programs working together.
- Train with many: We partner with six KC hospitals and Mosaic Life Care in St. Joseph to provide top-notch clinical experiences and specialties.
- Embrace the culture: Whether in the heart of Kansas City or near the Missouri River in St. Joseph, you’ll enjoy plenty of restaurants, events, sports and culture.