Match 2019: A day of celebration
Congratulations to the Class of 2019 on an outstanding Match Day! More >>
Gold Humanism Honor Society
The School of Medicine’s Gold Humanism Honor Society recognizes 34 students, residents/fellows and faculty for their exemplary care of patients and their humanistic approach to clinical practice. More >>
Diversity: A program of excellence
Diversity and inclusion are important elements of educating future physicians at the UMKC School of Medicine. INSIGHT Into Diversity, a national diversity-focused publication, has recognized the School of Medicine with a 2018 Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award. More >>
The UMKC Health Sciences District is once again pleased to serve as an event sponsor for one of the oldest and most-storied races in Missouri: the 46th Annual Hospital Hill…
The School of Medicine announced that Steven D. Waldman, M.D., JD, has been appointed vice dean for strategic initiatives and stewardship. In this role, he will be involved in all…
The warm weather is here – and the UMKC Health Sciences District has a number of upcoming healthy initiatives for staff, students and faculty. Whether it’s an e-bike rental or…
Brian Carter, M.D., an international expert in neonatal intensive care outcomes, medical bioethics and pediatric palliative care presented the 25th annual William T. Sirridge, M.D., Medical Humanities Lecture on March…
Match Day List 2019 Match Day Photo Album The brisk morning wind couldn’t cool the excitement and enthusiasm of Match Day 2019 at the UMKC School of Medicine. Residencies were…
State Rep. Jon Patterson, M.D., recognized Charles Van Way, M.D., on the floor of the Missouri House. State Rep. Jon Patterson, who completed his general surgery program in 2011 at…
Biofilm – Biomaterials Interactions and Why They Matter
Sharukh S. Khajotia, B.D.S., M.S., Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Research, Professor and Head, Division of Dental Biomaterials, Department of Restorative Sciences, University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry
Affiliate Associate Professor of Chemical, Biological and Materials Engineering, University of Oklahoma College of Engineering
Genetic Basis of Mendelian Conditions
Michael Bamshad, M.D. ’89
Division Chief and Professor of Genetic Medicine
Department of Pediatrics
University of Washington
Announcing the 2018-19 School of Medicine Faculty Development Series
- Sept. 5 “Making Your Work Count Twice”
- Nov. 7 “Speed Mentoring”
- Jan. 9 “Tips On Having Difficult Conversations”
- March 13 “Focusing On Well-being, Thriving Not Just Surviving”
- May 8 “Grant Writing”
UMKC School of Medicine Dean’s Lectureship Series
Secrets of Great Minds Through the Ages
Amal Mattu, M.D.
Professor and Vice Chairman of Emergency Medicine
University of Maryland School of Medicine
6th Annual Vijay Babu Rayudu Quality & Patient Safety Day
Call for Abstracts for Student, Resident, and Fellow Presentations
The 6th Annual Vijay Babu Rayudu Quality and Patient Safety Day event will be held Friday, May 10, 2018 from Noon to 5:00 p.m. Location TBD.
The UMKC School of Medicine is a leader in preparation of physicians for the future practice of medicine. The annual Vijay Babu Rayudu Quality and Patient Safety Day provides an opportunity for students, residents, and fellows to present their fine work in quality improvement and patient safety to the entire medical school community.
For more information, and to register, click here.
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional
opportunities abound, as our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy schools all share a single campus.
- Train with six: We partner with six leading hospitals, providing broad, exceptional clinical experiences and exposure to nationally ranked specialties.
- Embrace city life: Our campus is in the heart of Kansas City, offering lots of restaurants, events, sports and culture.