UMKC School of Medicine on the Rise!
The UMKC School of Medicine climbed several spots and resides among the nation's best medical schools in the latest U.S. News and World Report annual rankings. More >>
UMKC School of Medicine-St. Joseph Campus
Check out the new UMKC School of Medicine-St. Joseph Campus and see how you can be a part of meeting the health care needs of rural communities throughout Missouri. More >>
Building a Healthy KC East Side
UMKC project awarded $5 million in CARES Act funding to fight COVID in Kansas City's east-side neighborhoods. More >>
Celebrating 50 Years
This year, the UMKC School of Medicine celebrates its 50th anniversary. Beginning with our special 50th anniversary logo, the School of Medicine will present features and events throughout the year to commemorate half a century of excellence in medical education.
The School of Medicine and the Office of Graduate Medical Education have announced the appointment of two new program directors for the school’s Orthopaedic Surgery Residency program and the Maternal-Fetal…
Carline Bruton has joined the School of Medicine’s Office of Student Affairs as an Education Team Coordinator in the Years 1 & 2 Office. She will be part of the…
A new organization at the UMKC School of Medicine is designed to support and encourage Latinx students to help them succeed in medical school and as physicians. Raquel McCommon, coordinator…
UMKC Medicine Alum recalls his time at Walter Reed Hospital in Washington, D.C. In the aftermath of September 11, 2001, Tyson Becker (M.D. ‘01) was one of many UMKC alumni…
The UMKC School of Medicine recognized a new class of 103 first-year medical students during the school’s annual InDOCtrination ceremony on Aug. 20 at the UMKC White Recital Hall. The…
UMKC School of Medicine recognized students at the school’s two campuses in a rite of passage that marks the next step along their journey to becoming physicians. An inaugural class…
If you would like to share your artwork, photography, or sign up for the poetry reading for this event please contact
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional opportunities abound, strengthened by our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy programs working together.
- Train with many: We partner with six KC hospitals and Mosaic Life Care in St. Joseph to provide top-notch clinical experiences and specialties.
- Embrace the culture: Whether in the heart of Kansas City or near the Missouri River in St. Joseph, you’ll enjoy plenty of restaurants, events, sports and culture.