Our Healthy Kansas City Eastside
Jackson County legislature approves $5 million to continue community health initiatives through Our Healthy Eastside Kansas City. More >>
$100 Million Project Planned for Health Sciences District
New multi-story building will expand classrooms and teaching clinics, spur research and development. More >>
Excellence in Diversity
INSIGHT into Diversity recognizes the UMKC School of Medicine with its Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity award for the second time in four years. More >>
UMKC School of Medicine Ranks Among the Nation's Best
The UMKC School of Medicine is the highest-ranked medical school in Missouri for Primary Care in the 2023 graduate school rankings by U.S. News & World Report. More >>
Paul Rudy has always been fascinated with sound. He’s ridden the sound waves to many impressive achievements as a composer, performer, Guggenheim Fellow, Fulbright Fellow, artist and sound healer. He’s…
The Jackson County Legislature approved $5 million to continue community health initiatives through Our Healthy Eastside Kansas City, based on the success of the coalition’s impact on COVID-19 and community…
Three UMKC School of Medicine’s Master of Science in Anesthesia program alumni have been selected for faculty leadership roles. They all have served as preceptors for many years and bring…
The Kansas City Chiefs are on a roll in the National Football League and UMKC School of Medicine alumna and faculty member Amy Patel, M.D., is now part of the…
Gus Sonnenberg, a 15-year fundraising veteran, has joined the UMKC Foundation as senior director of major gifts for the Health Sciences Campus. He will work specifically with the schools of…
Missouri is getting help with its rural physician shortage from the UMKC School of Medicine. In addition to planning a major expansion of its rural medicine campus at Mosaic Life…
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional opportunities abound, strengthened by our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy programs working together.
- Train with many: We partner with six KC hospitals and Mosaic Life Care in St. Joseph to provide top-notch clinical experiences and specialties.
- Embrace the culture: Whether in the heart of Kansas City or near the Missouri River in St. Joseph, you’ll enjoy plenty of restaurants, events, sports and culture.