We have a Match!
Congratulations to the UMKC School of Medicine Class of 2020 for an outstanding Match. Get the complete 2020 Match Day Results here
Following a childhood dream
A love of science led Marlena Long from the family farm to UMKC's six-year medical program. More >>
Students, Faculty honored
The School of Medicine added 21 new members to its chapter of the Gold Humanism Honor Society, recognizing exemplary patient care and a humanistic approach to clinical practice. More >>
UMKC School of Medicine researcher John Spertus, M.D., M.P.H., is part of two large NIH-funded clinical studies published in the New England Journal of Medicine, Monday, March 30. The studies…
The need for personal protective equipment — called PPE — is one of the most serious challenges facing healthcare workers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Every health care institution in the…
For the first time ever, the UMKC School of Medicine joined the U.S. News & World Report rankings of medical schools and other graduate programs. The school placed 75th for primary…
School of Medicine conducts virtual Match Day celebration 2020 UMKC School of Medicine Match List Match Day 2020 was like no other. Because of Coronavirus concerns, the usual bustle bordering…
School of Medicine faculty member Beth Rosemergey, D.O., associate professor and director of the Community and Family Medicine Residency program, was honored recently as one of the outstanding women of…
Alexander Norbash, M.D. ’86, is the UMKC Alumnus of the Year, the top award given each year. Norbash is an interventional neuroradiologist, a highly technical specialty that addresses life-and-death matters…
Health Sciences Diversity and Inclusion Council Harmony Gala
Saturday, April 4, 2020 from 7 – 10 p.m.
Pierson Auditorium – Atterbury Student Success Center
Black tie optional
A benefit for underrepresented minority students at the UMKC Schools of Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing and Health Studies, and Pharmacy.
This event is Canceled. (as of 3/16/20)
3rd Annual Quotable Osler Poster Competition
Posters will be on display starting at 1 p.m. and then presented in the evening at the Spring Osler Event.
Reception to follow poster presentations.
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional
opportunities abound, as our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy schools all share a single campus.
- Train with six: We partner with six leading hospitals, providing broad, exceptional clinical experiences and exposure to nationally ranked specialties.
- Embrace city life: Our campus is in the heart of Kansas City, offering lots of restaurants, events, sports and culture.