Reaching Rural Missouri
The University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine plans to expand its program to St. Joseph, Missouri, in an effort to address the state’s rural physician shortage beginning January 2021. More >>
UMKC Medicine Magazine
The latest edition of UMKC Medicine is now available online. Check out the current issue that explores how the UMKC School of Medicine is meeting the challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic, while embracing our mission to educate outstanding future physicians and other health care team members. More >>
Dean Mary Anne Jackson
Mary Anne Jackson, M.D., has been announced as the ninth dean of the UMKC School. More >>
Champion Sports Docs
School of Medicine classmates Michael Monaco and Matt Matava celebrated their teams' super seasons as team doctors for Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs and Stanley Cup champion St. Louis Blues. More >>
Working to Improve Diabetes Prevention
School of Medicine professor and researcher Jannette Berkley-Patton has received a $3.3 million National Institutes of Health grant to help improve diabetes prevention outcomes with African Americans. More >>
Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City, an affiliate of the UMKC School of Medicine, was the No. 2 hospital in Missouri and the Kansas City area in the 2020-2021 U.S.…
Charlie Keegan, KSHB, talked to Jannette Berkley-Patton and volunteers at a drive-thru COVID-19 testing site The UMKC Health Equity Institute facilitated volunteer efforts at a recent drive-thru COVID-19 testing site.…
From fellow students who started crowdfunding projects, to staff members and community donors, UMKC supporters contributed over $70,000 to the UMKC Student Emergency Fund to help students not only stay…
Home / Posts School of Medicine Dean Answers Coronavirus Questions Mary Anne Jackson was a guest on KCUR’s Up to Date Mary Anne Jackson, M.D., has been providing expert advice…
Student Union, Room 401
Please check back – more details to come!
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional
opportunities abound, as our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy schools all share a single campus.
- Train with six: We partner with six leading hospitals, providing broad, exceptional clinical experiences and exposure to nationally ranked specialties.
- Embrace city life: Our campus is in the heart of Kansas City, offering lots of restaurants, events, sports and culture.