UMKC Medical Students Celebrate Match Day
Stories of an untraditional medical student and two siblings who fulfilled their dream. More >>
$100 Million Project Planned for Health Sciences District
New multi-story building will expand classrooms and teaching clinics, spur research and development. More >>
UMKC School of Medicine Ranks Among the Nation's Best
The UMKC School of Medicine is the highest-ranked medical school in Missouri for Primary Care in the 2023 graduate school rankings by U.S. News & World Report. More >>
Class of 2023 urged to 'change the world'
The UMKC School of Medicine recognized more than 180 graduates during the school's annual hooding ceremony at Swinney Center. More >>
School of Medicine honors 2023 Take Wing Award recipient, Richard Barohn, M.D. More >>
UMKC will be part of a grand tradition on June 3 when Kansas City celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Hospital Hill Run. The UMKC School of Medicine, UMKC Health…
School of Medicine Dean Mary Anne Jackson (M.D. ’78) encouraged the graduates of the Class of 2023 to be grateful, remain humble and have courage in the next step of…
School of Medicine honors 2023 Take Wing Award recipient, Richard Barohn, M.D. Richard Barohn (M.D. `80) was a 17-year-old high school senior when he was accepted to the UMKC School…
Betty Drees, M.D., was just a few years into her term as dean of the UMKC School of Medicine in 2007 when Vijay Babu Rayudu, one of her medical students,…
The School of Medicine welcomed 21 students and one medical resident as new members of its Missouri Delta Chapter of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society on May 10…
The idea of seeking out a mentor and embarking on a research project was a somewhat frightening experience for Sayra Nieto Gomez when she got started. But with the support…
- Follow your passion: We offer six medical degree programs and 19 specialty areas.
- Pick your speed: Apply to our six-year, combined BA/MD or the traditional four-year MD. (We also offer master programs in anesthesia, bioinformatics, health professions education and physician assistant; and an interdisciplinary PhD.)
- Get hands on: From your first semester, you’ll interact with patients and learn about medicine.
- Engage with docents: Through our docent learning system, be an apprentice to a practicing physician while taking part in small-group teaching, mentoring and peer coaching.
- Join in with others: Participate in one of 36 student organizations that build friendships, experience and connections.
- Learn with peers: Interprofessional opportunities abound, strengthened by our medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy programs working together.
- Train with many: We partner with six KC hospitals and Mosaic Life Care in St. Joseph to provide top-notch clinical experiences and specialties.
- Embrace the culture: Whether in the heart of Kansas City or near the Missouri River in St. Joseph, you’ll enjoy plenty of restaurants, events, sports and culture.