Established in 2017, the simulation interest group (SimIG) is the first of its kind at UMKC. The group is for health professions students interested in learning about the role of simulation in health professions education. We foster future health care educators by leading simulation sessions for other student interest groups, designing and teaching simulation for high school students and for families during campus visit tours.
We regularly hold student interest group events and disseminate simulation research opportunities. In 2018, interest group leaders attended a regional simulation educators conference at Johnson County Community College. We aim to build an interprofessional following with board members representative of all health professions programs. Students please contact us if interested in joining or being added to our ListServ for meeting information.
2020-2021 Simulation Interest Group Student Board:
- President – Eshwar Kishore (MSV)
- Vice President – Donya Jahandar (MSV)
- Co-Treasurers – Farhath Sulthana (MSIV) and Madison Walker (MSIII)
- Secretary – Prathi Pitchyaiah (MSIII)
- Student Ambassador Liaison – Vamsi Vemulapalli (MSIII)
- Public Relations Chair – Jacob Tribble (MSIII)
- Fundraising Chair – Nina Ruan (MSIII)
- Year 1/2 Representative – Mira Malavia (MSII)
- Year 6 Advisor – Charlie Burke (MSVI)
- Faculty Advisor – Emily Hillman, MD, MHPE
Follow us on Instagram! @umkc.simulationig