Our residency is committed to both promoting and supporting diversity and inclusion within the program. We are happy to announce our new scholarship for URM medical students that will be sponsored by our very own emergency department funds.
- Student must be pursuing a degree at an LCME-accredited medical school
- Student must be in good standing in medical school.
- Student must come from a background that is underrepresented in medicine that is defined as the following races/ethnicities: African-American, Hispanic, Native American, Pacific Islander/Native Hawaiian, Under-represented Asian
- Student must be able to rotate for a 4 week block
- Travel expenses to/from Kansas City
- Housing expenses as mutually agreed upon
- Other expenses as mutually agreed upon
- Apply though VSAS/VSLO
- Email Lara Maisch at firstname.lastname@example.org for URM scholarship application. Please include dates you wish to rotate in this email.
- Submit a letter of intent including: a brief personal statement that includes some personal background, why you qualify for this scholarship, career plans, and any other relevant information. This should be submitted to Ms. Maisch when you submit the application form
COVID update: Unfortunately we are able to accept visiting medical students at this time in accordance with the AAMC recommendations regarding visiting medical students. We will reinstitute this when possible.