Applicants offered admission to the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research may begin coursework in either the fall or spring semester.
- Applicants for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research must have earned, or will soon earn, a baccalaureate degree from a nationally accredited college or university.
- It is preferred that baccalaureate degrees be in a scientific discipline, or that the applicant holds a health-related professional degree.
- It is preferred that applicants have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
TOEFL or IELTS Score (International Applicants Only)
- The TOEFL exam or IELTS exam is required for international applicants whose native language is not English.
- More information on which countries are exempt from the TOEFL or IELTS can be found here.
- TOEFL Scores: A minimum score of 550 (paper-based exam), 213 (computer-based exam) or 79 (Internet-based exam) is required.
- UMKC TOEFL electronic code: 6872
- IELTS Scores: A minimum score of 6.0 is required for graduate level study at UMKC.
- IELTS scores should be sent to:
UMKC International Student Affairs
Student Success Center, G-04
5100 Rockhill Road
Kansas City, MO 64110
- Applicants who are currently participating in or have successfully completed a graduate medical residency or fellowship and have passed USMLE Step II – Clinical Skills are not required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
*For applicants interested in working as a Graduate Teaching Assistant, a minimum score of 24 on the speaking section of the TOEFL is required.
The Department of Biomedical and Health Informatics strongly recommends that prospective students communicate with a faculty advisor prior to applying for the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research. Please contact the Office of Admissions, and we would be happy to connect you with a program advisor.