Applicants for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Health Professions Education program must submit all applications and application materials. Applications must be complete before the admissions committee will consider the application for admission. Applications that remain incomplete will not be considered.
Students applying to the Graduate Certificate in Health Professions Education program must submit the following:
- UMKC General Application for Admission
- International students should also review the information provided by the International Student Affairs Office.
- Official college/university transcripts,
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score (if applicable),
- A one-page goal statement,
- A résumé or CV,
- One letter of recommendation (if applicable).
- Physicians in residency or fellowship programs are required to submit a letter of recommendation from the director of their program.
Step 1: Complete the UMKC General Application for Admission
All applicants must complete the UMKC General Application for Admission. Please follow the instructions provided on the application.
Step 2: Submit Transcripts & Test Scores
All applicants are required to submit official college/university transcripts and official TOEFL or IELTS scores (if applicable) to the university. Transcripts may be sent to:
University of Missouri – Kansas City
Office of Admissions – Processing
5115 Oak Street
Kansas City, MO 64112
International applicants should submit transcripts to:
University of Missouri-Kansas City
International Student Affairs Office
Student Success Center
5000 Holmes Road, G-04
Kansas City, MO 64110
TOEFL scores should also be submitted electronically (UMKC code: 6782).
Step 3: Submit a Goal Statement & CV
All applicants are required to submit a one-page goal statement and CV. These documents should be uploaded directly to your UMKC General Application for Admission.
Step 4: Letters of Recommendation
Physicians in residency or fellowship programs are required to submit a letter of recommendation from the director of their program. Recommendation letter requests should be sent directly through the UMKC General Application for Admission.
– – – – –
Application Process for Visiting or Community Students (Non-certificate/Non-degree seeking students)
Students interested in taking courses for credit, who may not wish to pursue the Graduate Certificate in Health Professions Education, may enroll as visiting or community students.
- Visiting or community students must have a professional degree or baccalaureate degree and professional experience in the health professions.
- Visiting or community students may enroll in the Certificate Program at a later date and receive full credit for completed coursework.
Applying for Admission
Visiting students applying to take a course or courses in the Graduate Certificate in Health Professions Education program must submit the following:
Visiting/Community Student applications are submitted to the UMKC Office of Admissions. After the application has been processed and you have received your acceptance letter and student number, you may enroll in coursework.
If a student chooses to pursue the Graduate Certificate program at a later date, he/she will be required to complete the full application process for admission.