The UMKC School of Medicine offers a Medical Scholars program that would offer early and guaranteed admission to college students interested in applying to medical school. This program would offer early admission into the School of Medicine’s M.D. Program for students currently in their sophomore or junior year of college and who attend the following universities:
- Avila University
- Drury University
- Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Missouri Western State University
- Park University
- Rockhurst University
- Truman State University
- University of Missouri – St. Louis
- William Jewell College
- Lincoln University
- University of Illinois – Chicago
An application will NOT be reviewed until all supporting documents have been received. When all application materials have been received, the Council on Selection in the School of Medicine will review all complete applications. All application materials must be postmarked by August 1.
Students applying for admission to the School of Medicine Medical Scholars Program must submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The School of Medicine Medical Scholars Program application
- Official college transcripts
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation. These should be submitted directly to the School of Medicine by professors, advisors or others who can speak to your academic ability and personal characteristics.
After the review of all complete applications by the Council on Selection in the School of Medicine, candidates will be selected for interview. If selected for an interview, applicants will be required to be present at the date and time of the interview. All applicants invited to interview must interview in person at the School of Medicine. Phone interviews will not be permitted.
After all applicants invited have been interview, the Council on Selection will extend offers of guaranteed admission to those candidates who best qualify for the Medical Scholars Program. Applicants will be notified in writing of the decision. Admission to the Medical Scholars Program is reserved for one qualified student from each partner institution.