Requesting “PeopleSoft pages” is the first step in UMKC’s grant application process—and it’s a requirement for every new or transferring proposal. (PeopleSoft is the university tool to manage and track your research and service projects throughout the life of a grant—from application to closeout.).
The Office of Research Administration creates PeopleSoft pages for all School of Medicine and School of Nursing & Health Studies faculty. To request PeopleSoft pages, send the following items to ORASOM no later than seven full business days prior to proposal deadline:
- PeopleSoft Questionnaire
- Abstract (draft is acceptable)
- Link to or copy of Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Detailed budget (NIH budget template suggested)
- Copy of any forms that require Institutional Official signature
- Subcontract Documents, if UMKC is prime
- UMKC Investigator Form
- Any Letters of Support in collaboration of the proposal. This is particularly important for any In-Kind (cost-share) required by a sponsor and for cost-share provided by the institution or project sites – e.g., TMC, SOM Dept., etc.
- Other requirements that must be completed prior to proposal submission:
- CITI Training – Conflict of Interest – Required by all investigators identified on the UMKC Investigator Form. Training is required prior to submission of the proposal and every 4 years thereafter.
Once all items are received, PeopleSoft pages will be generated and routed for signatures from PI, co-PI, co-I, PI/I’s department chairs, School of Medicine Dean/Associate Dean for Research, and School of Medicine Fiscal Officer.
ORASOM will submit PeopleSoft pages with all signatures to the Office of Research Services (ORS) no later than five business days per UMKC policy before proposal deadline. UMKC ORS Policy – PDF attachment
Failure to comply with seven- and five-full business day policies may result in a denied proposal.