Thank you for your inquiry into the program at UMKC – Department of Psychiatry. We are glad you are interested in our program and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Here is the information that you might find helpful about our application process:
- Interviews will begin in October and are usually held on Wednesdays.
- Interviews will begin at approximately 10:30AM and finish by 5PM CST
- Interviews will be conducted virtually via ZOOM. You will receive further instructions and ZOOM meeting links once your interview is scheduled. Please make sure you have access to a stable internet connection and a suitable environment for the ZOOM interview.
- The deadline for application is November 15th
- Watch the program overview video to gain more information about the program.
We accept applications through ERAS only & they must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal statement
- Dean’s letter (MSPE)
- Letters of reference
- LOR from former Program Director if attended previous residency
- Copy of med school transcript (and diploma if available)
- ECFMG certificate, if applicable
- USMLE or COMLEX Transcript
All application data is considered in selection for interview
Additional considerations for US Graduates include:
- PASS Steps 1 & 2CK of the USMLE or COMLEX
- Be scheduled to graduate from a US medical school by June orientation
Additional considerations for International Medical Graduates:
- Must be scheduled to complete Medical School by December of the application year
- PASS Steps 1 & 2CK of the USMLE (Completion of Step 3 and one attempt per Step preferred.)
- US Citizenship or Residency preferred
- J1 Visa is considered, however, this program does not accept H1B Visa.
- Clinical experience in an English Speaking system preferred but not mandatory
Best of luck with the application process!
If you have additional questions, please contact:
Residency Program Coordinator
1000 E. 24th Street
Kansas City, MO 64108