A Growing Program with Vast Opportunities
The UMKC School of Medicine enjoys a rich history of innovation in medical education. The Master of Science in Anesthesia (MSA) program was started in 2008 to address a shortage of anesthesia care providers in Missouri and throughout the United States. Ours was the first MSA program west of the Mississippi.
Today, we are one of only 15 anesthesiologist assistant programs in the country. Our program produces highly skilled professionals who become integral members of the anesthesia care team.
Did You Know Our MSA Graduates:
- Typically earn starting salaries of $180,000 to $200,000 with benefits
- Have a 100 percent pass rate on the NCCAA certifying exam
- Have a 100 percent job placement rate
- Practice in some of the most vibrant urban areas of the country
What Makes Our MSA Students Successful?
Our students are:
- Problem solvers
Many of our prospective students are:
- Adults considering a career change
- Undergraduate students interested in joining a rewarding medical field
- High school students thinking about a career in the health professions
For more information:
Consider joining us for a campus visit and information session.
Why Choose Our Program?
The UMKC School of Medicine MSA program offers:
- An intensive, 29-month (seven consecutive semesters) curriculum
- Fast-paced, integrated didactic and clinical training
- Early hands-on clinical experience
- Training in state-of-the-art simulation lab
- Clinical rotations throughout Missouri and the nation
- University-based scholarships
- The first medical school-housed program in the country