The UMKC School of Medicine offers an PA (Physician Assistant) Scholars Program that offers early and guaranteed admission to college students interested in applying to the Master of Medical Science Physician Assistant Program. Students admitted to the PA Scholars Program are working to complete their undergraduate degree from one of our partner institutions.
Our partner institutions include the following universities:
- University of Missouri – Kansas City
- University of Missouri – Columbia
- University of Missouri – St. Louis
- Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Avila University
- Truman State University
- Rockhurst University
Applications will NOT be reviewed until all supporting documents have been received. When all application materials have been received, the PA admissions committee will review all complete applications. All application materials must be emailed to the School of Medicine by August 1.
Students applying for admission to the PA Scholars program must submit the following documents to: email@example.com.
- The School of Medicine Scholars Application
- Official college transcripts
- Personal statement (Applicants may address how COVID-19 restrictions have impacted their application for the 2022 application cycle.)
- Résumé or CV
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation. At least one letter must be submitted from a faculty member.
- Shadowing Experience Verification Form
- Verifying at least 24 hours of shadowing a physician assistant for the MMSPA program. (Due to COVID-19 restrictions, shadowing is recommended, but not required for the 2022 application cycle.)
** Note: the required PA shadowing hours may not be fulfilled within employment, internship, or class experiences.
The PA admissions committee reviews all eligible applications and decides which candidates will be selected for interview.
If selected for an interview, applicants will be required to be present, virtually or in-person, at the date and time of the interview.
After interviews the PA admissions committee will extend offers of guaranteed admission to those who best qualify for the PA Program. Applicants will be notified by email of these decisions.
Once admitted to the PA Scholars Program, a student would then have a seat in the MMSPA program for the appropriate term after graduating with a baccalaureate degree, pending successful completion of final matriculation requirements. PA Scholars who applied in the 2022 cycle will be matriculating January 2024.
The MMSPA admissions committee reserves the right to not admit any applicants from a partner institution in a given year, if the admissions committee so chooses.